Chris Brown was on Larry King tonight Sep. 2nd on CNN at 9:00 PM. In case you missed it check out clips and some of which everybody is saying about the interview at youtube.com or http://www.therundown.tv/videos/wtf-files/the-tale-of-two-chris-browns-larry-king-live-interview/. They give you their perspective of this Chris Brown or this Chris Brown, should I say….
I’ve heard all kind of things about the interview and all kinds of opinions. I have yet to see it myself, though I’ve seen clips. From what it seems like despite the reason Chris appeared on the show, he was willing to answer very little. From the clips everyone developed their own opinions and may have taken his words out of context, but Chris wants to set the record straight in a statement:
“There have been reports on the Internet that I didn’t remember what happened that night with Rihanna. I want to try and set things straight.”
“That 30 seconds of the interview they used of me was taken from a one hour interview during which that same question was asked 4-5 times – and when you look at the entire interview you will see it is not representative of what I said.”
“The first four times – however many times it was – I gave the same answer, which was that I didn’t think it was appropriate to talk about that night.”
“I said it was not right for me and it wasn’t fair to Rihanna. The fifth time, I just misspoke. I was asked, ‘Do you remember doing it?’ and I said, ‘No.'”
“Of course I remember what happened. Several times during the interview, my mother said that I came to her right afterwards and told her everything.”
“But it was and still is a blur. I still can’t believe it happened because it is not me or who I am, nor is what happened like anything I’ve ever done before.”
“As I’ve said several times, I am ashamed of and sorry for what happened that night and wish I could relive that moment and change things, but I can’t.”
“I take full responsibility for my actions. What I have to do now is to prove to the world that this was an isolated incident and that is not who I am.
“I intend to do so by my behavior now and in the future.” Source: thehollywoodgossip.com
Chris Brown admits to still loving Rihanna in the interview and intends to continue seeking help. Starting with his arrival in Richmond, VA late last night eager to start his community service while ex-girlfriend RiRi hit up Six Flags Magic Mountain in Cali!
On August 25th in court these are the terms Chris was set to follow:
1. Felony Probation for 60 months and must obey all laws.
2. Report to Probation within 72 hours
3. 52 Weeks of a Domestic Violence Program in Virginia.
4. Must turn in all weapons within the next 24 hours and can NOT own any weapons during that period.
5. Must Provide DNA Samples as Requested by the Authorities
6. 180 Days of Community Service (HARD) Labor… washing cars, cleaning graffiti off the walls, etc.
7. Get approval before leaving the country.
8. Report to a court room every 3 months for the next 5 years.
9. Fines and Fees: $2,500 in restitution, $2,500 in probation expenses, $30 for criminal conviction fee and $400 for the domestic violence fund.
Last But Not Least…
10. The Protective Order for the next 5 years: Brown is not allowed to harass, assault, threaten, molest, etc. Rihanna. No direct contact nor 3rd party contact with her. He must stay at least 100 yards away from her unless it is an entertainment (work) related event, then he must stay 10 yards away.
If Chris Brown violates any of thee above, the judge is going to put him in jail without thinking twice.
Judge Patricia Schnegg told Chris during the sentencing:
“I am not the one to ever believe in any hear say or anything else but I am not immune from chatter on the airwaves. Any set violation of the protective order is a violation of your probation… Even though you have probation, remember this is a felony and it does come with potential of state prison if you should violate in any way the terms and condition of this probation or pick up any new case. Do you understand, I just want to myself perfectly clear.”
I think compared to what Chris could have, this is fair, a lot to abide by, but fair….I guess!